Reports to: Integration Manager
- Work closely with service team Integration Manager to complete customers’ upgrade requirements.
- Work with R&D and Engineering on project feasibility, changes and improvements for processes, hardware and software for ECI’s equipment / business operations.
- Review the design and work closely with design engineers, work with production to get the upgrades built, test and implement upgrade kits.
- Create upgrade procedures and other documentation for customers in the field.
- Coordinate multiple projects/ customers in timely manner in a high volume environment.
- Develop action plans for problem resolution and be able to present to internal and external customers.
- Assist in building and testing prototypes.
- Review schematics and wiring diagrams and troubleshoot system.
- Review flow diagrams and troubleshoot system.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college in electrical or mechanical engineering technology or Associates degree with 10 + years of semiconductor fabrication maintenance experience.
- 5 + years Field Service / Technical support background required.
- 0-2 years manufacturing experience in final assembly, test or quality control of semiconductor capital equipment is also desired, but not necessary.
- Experience with onsite installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment.
- Demonstrable experience desired in FAB facility, closed loop communication control, electro-mechanical controls, and microprocessor based controllers, software configuration, computer network architecture, basic principles of electrochemistry, chemical handling including acids, lab safety requirements and practices.
- Ability to interpret electronic schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Experience working with common hand tools and electronic test equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes and DVM’s).
- Ability to build simple mechanical and electrical assemblies.
- Strong positive attitude with excellent customer service skills and business sense.
- Clear and concise (English) verbal and written communications.
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly.
- Knowledge of structured problem solving techniques.
- Basic troubleshooting in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electro-mechanical systems.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer detail through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of MS office applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment and with various departments.
- Ability to work alone and/or with limited supervision.
- Ability to exercise considerable discretion and judgment
- Must be organized and detail oriented, need to follow up on open items and on-going issues.
- Military experience is a plus.
Location: Totowa, New Jersey Office Location