Reports to: Field Service Engineering Manager
- Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at global customer locations.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety-first mentality.
- Develop action plans for problem resolution and present it to internal and external customers.
- Develop improvements for processes, hardware, and software for continuous improvement of the company’s equipment/business operation.
- Work closely with the sales team and complete a facility detail form for new systems to ensure ECI equipment complies with assigned location/space requirements at FAB.
- Complete detailed Field Service Reports and submit to management in a timely manner.
- Document issues that cannot immediately be resolved at a customer site by using the appropriate format.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3 + years field service/customer support experience of sophisticated, complex precision equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, electrical/electronic or mechanical engineering.
- Must possess experienced troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electro-mechanical systems.
- Well-able to read and interpret electronic/electro-mechanical schematics and drawings.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Knowledge in any of the following areas is a PLUS: Experience working in a FAB facility, closed-loop communications control, electro-mechanical controls or microprocessor-based controllers, chemical handling including acids, FAB safely requirements or practices.
- Military experience is also a plus.
- Outstanding professional customer service and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be an independent thinker with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Must possess the ability to complete work with a sense of ownership and accountability.
- The ability to remain calm and focused under pressure is required.
- The successful candidate will be flexible, collaborative and a positive team player.
- International and domestic travel required.
Location: Totowa, New Jersey Office Location