Reports to: Manager of Global Technical Support
- Perform installations, preventative maintenance, and remedial repair maintenance on complex electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at global customer locations.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety-first mentality.
- Develop action plans for problem resolution and present them to internal and external customers.
- Develop improvements for processes, hardware, and software for continuous improvement of the company’s equipment/business operation.
- Support ECI’s local sales team by providing ECI HQ the complete facility detail required for new systems installations from our customers during the RFQ and the final order phases to ensure compliance with assigned location/space/safety requirements at the FAB.
- Complete detailed Field Service Reports and submits them to management in a timely manner.
- Document issues that cannot immediately be resolved at the customer site by using the appropriate format.
- Develop product upgrades and create upgrade procedures for the customer in the field.
- Build prototypes.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 5 + years field service/customer support experience of sophisticated, complex precision equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, electrical/electronic mechanical engineering.
- Must possess basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electro-mechanical systems.
- Well-able to read and interpret electronic/electro-mechanical schematics and drawings.
- Outstanding and extremely professional customer service skills.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Knowledge in any of the following areas is a PLUS: Experience working in a FAB facility, closed-loop communications control, electro-mechanical controls or microprocessor-based controllers, chemical handling including acids, FAB safely requirements, or practices.
- Military experience is also a plus.
- International and domestic travel required.
Location: Totowa, New Jersey Office Location