Reports to: Senior Director of Global Technical Services
- Manage a team of Field Service Engineers to ensure timely and effective installations, preventative maintenance, and remedial repair maintenance on complex electromechanical semiconductor capital equipment at west coast customer locations.
- Be a hands-on manager and perform installations, preventative maintenance, and troubleshoot equipment as well.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety-first mentality. Manage escalation issues and prepare deeply for customer meetings.
- Develop action plans for problem resolution and present to internal and external customers.
- Develop improvements for processes, hardware, and software for continuous improvement of the company’s equipment/business operation.
- Ensure FSE’s work closely with the sales team and complete a facility detail form for new systems to ensure ECI equipment complies with assigned location/space requirements at FAB.
- Ensure FSE’s complete detailed Field Service Reports and submit to management in a timely manner.
- Document issues that cannot immediately be resolved at the customer site by using the appropriate format.
- 7 + years field service/customer support experience of sophisticated, complex precision equipment.
- Prior lead or management experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, electrical/electronic mechanical engineering.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor-controlled electromechanical systems.
- Well-able to read and interpret electronic/electro-mechanical schematics and drawings.
- Outstanding and extremely professional customer service skills.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Knowledge in any of the following areas is a PLUS: Experience working in a FAB facility, closed-loop communications control, electro-mechanical controls or microprocessor-based controllers, chemical handling including acids, FAB safely requirements, or practices.
- Military experience is also a plus.
- International and domestic travel required.