Reports to: West Coast FSE Manager
- Perform installations, preventative maintenance, and remedial repair maintenance on complex electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at global customer locations.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety-first mentality.
- Develop action plans for problem resolution and present them to internal and external customers.
- Develop improvements for processes, hardware, and software for continuous improvement of the company’s equipment/business operation.
- Complete detailed Field Service Reports and submits them to management in a timely manner.
- Document issues that cannot immediately be resolved at a customer site by using the appropriate format.
- Develop product upgrades and create upgrade procedures for the customer in the field.
- Build prototypes.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 5 + years of field service/customer support experience of sophisticated, complex precision equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, electrical/electronic mechanical engineering.
- Must possess basic troubleshooting techniques in repairing complex microprocessor controlled electro-mechanical systems.
- Well-able to read and interpret electronic/electro-mechanical schematics and drawings.
- Outstanding and extremely professional customer service skills.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Knowledge in any of the following areas is a PLUS: Experience working in a FAB facility, closed-loop communications control, electro-mechanical controls or microprocessor-based controllers, chemical handling including acids, FAB safely requirements or practices.
- Military experience is also a plus.
- International and domestic travel required.