Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
- The ideal candidate will be a hands on leader, who will effectively guide, oversee and deliver product designs of desired performance.
- Responsible for design compliance with industry standards.
- Establish continuous improvement road map for Electronic subsystems of ECI products.
- Manage the Electrical Engineering staff to ensure operating within the company policies, processes while meeting deadlines.
- Collaborate with Ops to distribute workload to meet target dates.
- Provide ongoing production support.
- Continuous training of EE staff to acquire current knowledge in this fast moving technological period.
- Establish cross training amongst Electrical Engineers.
- Evaluate product development and designs for cost and availability.
- Manage EE’s for proper documentation, revision and corrections. Ensure BOM’s are updated and corrected for future designs.
- MS in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 5+ years of design experience of industrial control systems; managerial experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong deign experience and a willingness to manage AND design.
- Strong desire to mentor and guide a team of electrical engineers.
- Working knowledge of Schematic capture systems such as AutoCAD, Inventor or Solid Works required.
- Familiarity with ERP systems is a plus; Microsoft Dynamics – Axapta is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective collaboration with other team members.
- Ability to multi-task different projects, work independently and focus on details is essential for success.
- Possess a strong innovative spirit.
Location: Totowa, New Jersey Office Location